A Chink in the Armor

A Chink in the Armor is back.

Name:
Location: Holland, PA, United States

Friday, January 18, 2008

- Grandma's only got a week to live, so you DRIVE to Arkansas? Grandma's only got a week to live, and you take her to see Arkansas?

- Seeing the commercials for I Am Legend made me wonder how long it would take nature to reclaim a huge city like NYC. Now we have some idea.

- And I thought went to a weird school...

- I always wanted to play this in basketball band...



- Hehe...

- Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

- This combines two of my great loves: geography and stereotypes.

- The Boston Red Sox were the last baseball team to integrate, famously passing on both Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays along the way, yet the Bruins were the first team in the NHL to integrate. Go fig...

- "[Reagan] was openly -- openly-- intolerant of unions and the right to organize. He openly fought against the union and the organized labor movement in this country." - John Edwards

Someone kindly inform John Edwards that Ronald Reagan was the only president to have experience as the head of a labor union (the Screen Actor's Guild, `47-`52, `59-`60.) All that hair gel must be seeping into his brain.

- Dorks are coming out of the woodwork...

- Ewww...

- So I FINALLY watched the Goonies. A lot of my friends had been stunned that I haven't seen it, but I've finally done it. I liked it, although I wanted to punch Chunk in the face for about half the movie. A) he was really annoying, and B) he was making us fat kids look bad. I think I would've lost my mind over the girl that played Andy if I had seen it when I was a kid, the fact that she spend most of the movie wet and in a mini-skirt didn't help. The DVD had a bonus feature which had the commentary by all the Goonies, and you got to see them as adults, and let me say, she's still a good looking woman.

- That brings us to the next point: I renew my call for Steven Spielberg to bring back Short Round in the upcoming Indiana Jones movie. Marcus Brody came back in Last Crusade, Sallah came back in Last Crusade, heck, even Marian Ravenwood is coming back in the next one. If they don't want him on screen, at least acknowledge him in dialogue, like a phone call to him "hey Short Round, I spoke to Professor Smith at Stanford, and he's willing to give you a position on his staff once you finish your dissertation," or "Yeah, the kid in the picture is Short Round. He died during the Japanese occupation of Shanghai." Something. ANYTHING.

- The news of the Robotech live action movie reminded me of my previous idea of just reimagining Macross as a means to get around the copyright issues between the Japanese copyright holders and Harmony Gold, who own Robotech. If they just reimagine it, ala BSG, wouldn't that work around the issues? The names are already different, it's just the images and designs that are identical. Change those, and it should become an all new entity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home