A Chink in the Armor

A Chink in the Armor is back.

Name:
Location: Holland, PA, United States

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

- Those crazy Brits...



- I just found out myself, but there's going to be a new Knight Rider TV movie next month. Apparently, it's going to be a continuation, with the Hoff making some guest appearances but no mention if William Daniels will ever cameo as the original KITT (Will Arnett, GOB from Arrested Development will be the new voice of KITT. What the hell?) And the new KITT will be a Mustang GT500, not a Trans Am, which will surely garner loud and vocal protests from thousands of Italians in New Jersey. Popular Mechanics had the dorky specs.

- You have to admire the girl's moxie. I'm sure she'll have plenty of time to think about it as she spends the next three years in a re-education camp. On a related note, I just used the word "moxie." What's the female equivalent of "balls?" Anybody?

- Speaking of Red China, I just found out there's a Chinese professional basketball team called the Beijing Ducks. Yes, the Beijing Ducks. Apparently, they play in the same league as the Buffalo Wings, the Vienna Schnitzels, the Philadelphia Cheesesteaks, and the New England Clam Chowders.

- For those of you who ever wondered what would happen if you were to throw an iPod or 53 Hot Wheels cars in a blender, this is the website for you. Why anyone would ever need a blender powerful enough to grind up several hundred carats of cubic zirconia is beyond me.

- I discovered Craig Ferguson's talk show over the break, and he's quite funny. Conan is more college humor, while Craig is more British comedy. I guess it just depends on what you're in the mood for. Most of you know I have a pretty bad Sean Connery impression that I'm more than willing to break out, so this is the most appropriate Craig Ferguson clip to post:



- Hehe. As the t-shirt once said, second place is the first loser...

- Anti-Americanism started in France. Whoda thunk it?

- The main story here isn't even the biggest story. The biggest story is that this kid is kid number twelve, and every other kid has weighed at least 11 lbs. That is one tough woman. (Not as tough as Vasquez, but still...)

- Oh, it doesn't get old...

- Three lists, all three of which should've been reversed:

Bad James Bond Puns. Maybe the "I thought Christmas only came once a year" line wasn't as bad as "I believe he's attempting reentry," but it was delivered by Pierce Brosnan, and not Roger Moore. You kind of expect Roger Moore to deliver lecherous lines like that, just like you'd expect Moore's Bond to grow up to be an old man who tries to pick up women a third his age in bars using bawdy pickup lines while wearing a smoking jacket with a dickey and swishing a snifter of brandy. But Brosnan? Totally out of the blue. And while The World is Not Enough wasn't that good to start with ("I'm a new-cu-lar scientist...") the Christmas line was the final nail in the coffin.

Greatest music videos. Those of you who know me know that I believe that "Crazy" by Aerosmith is the greatest music video of all time. For those of you who don't know me, I believe that "Crazy" by Aerosmith is the greatest music video of all time. The song isn't even that good. Like most Aerosmith videos of the day, it starred Alicia Silverstone, but as an added bonus, you've also got Liv Tyler, plus the super duper added bonuses of Alicia Silverstone and Liv Tyler dressing up as Catholic schoolgirls, as strippers, and skinny dipping. (I can't imagine why Steven Tyler would cast his own daughter here, and frankly, I don't want to know.)

And finally, trashiest fan bases. Because you knew on football saturdays in Ohio, no fries and moonshine were being made and no couches were being burned (yet.)

- I can't stand Sean Penn, but really, if you're going to break up your marriage, isn't this the ultimate way to do it?

- Ryan Mallett, who hardly knew ye. I won't pretend to be able to predict what would happen if Mallett had stayed, but I would like to say how I have my qualms with Rich Rodriguez, and it has nothing to do with coaching. Some of you may remember how disgusted I was when Lee Bollinger left Michigan to be president of Columbia. I felt that we had been used, that we had only been a mere stepping stone, and I wanted a university president that ultimately wanted to stay at Michigan and go nowhere else, and how Jerry Ford would've been perfect for the job. But at least Lee was a Columbia alum. Not only does Rodriguez have absolutely no ties to Michigan, the state or the school, he grew up in the state of WV, attended WVU, and most of his coaching jobs prior to Michigan have been in the state of WV, and he quit his contract at WV to come with us. Why would we want a man who doesn't honor his contract? It's like how no one ever trusts spies or defectors. These people betrayed their own countries, why would they have any loyalty to us? Why would Rodriguez have any loyalty to us? We're just a paycheck to him. At least Les Miles was a Michigan man, and I can respect a man who wants to work for his alma mater.

- Caught the first two eps of the new season of Law and Order. I was very curious as to what they were going to do with Jack McCoy as the DA. I hope it's just temporary, as Sam Waterson is a fine actor and making him the DA just reduces his screen time. This is not to say that I don't like Linus Roache, on the contrary, I've liked him ever since he turned in very sympathetic performances as the Purifier in Chronicles of Riddick and as Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins. He does need to work on his American accent though, which is strange because he sounded fine in Batman Begins. It seems like he's overdoing the New York accent. I also don't like how he occasionally dresses like a mobster (black shirt, black suit, purple skinny tie in one scene.) He's an executive assistant district attorney, and he dresses like he manages a strip club? I also like Alana de la Garza's new look, she looks a lot more professional. Last season, with the jet black hair and porcelain skin, she looked more like one of Dracula's brides than a civil servant. I thought they went overboard on the hotness factor when they cast her anyway. The woman had a Maxim spread before she was on the show, for heaven's sake. There's no way a civil servant in ANY country looks like her. Jeremy Sisto's character seems okay, but there's nothing really to distinguish him from Ed Green. Briscoe and Fontana were far more experienced, and Cassady had too little experience, but Lupo seems to be at the same level as Green. It'll be interesting to see how it develops. One thing that bothers me is the fact that they said Lupo was working overseas with NYPD intel, and how he's broken hundreds of cases, often without backup. NYPD has personnel overseas working cases? They have jurisdiction? New episode tonight, we'll see.

- I want to do a posting on top twelve Attainable Chicks. (Yes, top twelve. I like the dirty dozen theme.) Michelle Trachtenberg and Zooey Deschanel are mortal locks to make the list. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might have mentioned this before, but I think the chick from Enchanted needs to top the list of "obtainable hot" girls. Seriously. She's the hottest attainable girl in Hollywood right now.

Michelle T. from American Pie is OK, though...

January 12, 2008 at 10:21:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home