A Chink in the Armor

A Chink in the Armor is back.

Name:
Location: Holland, PA, United States

Thursday, January 10, 2008

- This will never be topped. Not only did the band just spell it out a few moments prior, but it's also the state with the fewest letters. Oh, and BTW, Ohio State still lost. Just wanted to remind everyone of that...

- RIP Sir Edmund Hillary. One thing about him that I almost found fascinating was the fact that his face was on the New Zealand five dollar note. Mind you, in most places of the world, the only living people that were allowed on money would be the reigning sovereign. Here in America, no living people are allowed on money, or stamps. But not only was Hillary not a monarch, he was still alive, and he had never been an elected official. Up until Peter Jackson or Lucy Lawless came along, he was probably the first person most people thought of when asked to name a New Zealander. I always wondered if he ever pulled out a five dollar bill when people asked to see a government issued photo ID, because I'd do it all the time.

- I've posted about the show Ninja Warrior before, and I believe they've outdid themselves. If watching guys trying to work their way through an impossibly tough obstacle course was entertaining, watching women do it is way better. Since they reconfigured the course to emphasize balance instead of raw strength, there aren't any freakishly ripped women (well, except for that wrestler who I couldn't tell was a woman,) and it's usually gymnasts, dancers, and runners who do the best. And I don't think I have to explain myself if I admit that watching gymnasts, dancers and runners bounce and run their way though an obstacle course is ... strangely compelling. The only downside is I'm now more than fully aware of the poor state of dental care in Japan, but you can't have everything.

The woman in the clip below isn't the hottest one, but she's clearly the Michael Jordan of the competition, having won the competition three times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home